2023 Grammys recap: Biggest wins, all the star-studded performances and more

Hip-hops biggest stars celebrated 50 years of the music genre with an electrifying performance. The segment, which was introduced by LL Cool J and produced by Questlove, featured several iconic artists including Big Boi, Queen Latifah, Run DMC, Salt-N-Pepa, Busta Rhymes, Ice-T and more.

Hip-hop’s biggest stars celebrated 50 years of the music genre with an electrifying performance.

The segment, which was introduced by LL Cool J and produced by Questlove, featured several iconic artists including Big Boi, Queen Latifah, Run DMC, Salt-N-Pepa, Busta Rhymes, Ice-T and more.

Ahead of the showstopping performance, hip-hop legend, rapper and record producer Dr. Dre was honored with the Global Impact Award for his achievements in the music industry. Leading up to the Grammys, Missy Elliott, Lil Wayne and music executive Sylvia Rhone also received the award at the Recording Academy Honors presented by the Black Music Collective.

“This is the 50th anniversary of hip-hop… and where would I be without it?” Dre said. “Scratching and mixing on the turn tables had me hooked and became the entry point of a 40-year career of doing something that I really love.”

ncG1vNJzZmiZkpi7psPSZ56oZpOkunCTrHpmfK2cqcKzsY6loK%2BdXaq9pa3Tnqpon6KWuq7F0mZpaWpjYr%2Bmr8CpZqqtlZq7brjAraCfmZhiuqq%2F0rJknqScnry1wIysmKWsnqWysa2Mq6ynZZSisG6u1KyrmmWincausdJmmKecXaK8s7GMnJylnZKnrrWxjG5nZrGVlr%2B0ec6fZKGhoJ28sXmYb3BqamVngYC1w3Zwb3BoZ4R3gA%3D%3D

Share!